Back to Basics
Back to Basics.
Desire causes suffering. Causes us not to accept/allow what is.
Almost every object has dukkha "in" it, since it causes desire or aversion.
So, we practice seeing and letting go. Then we can be with what is, with less denial clouds, desire, suffering.
Of course, in my life I have a desire/value to live richly, so that involves delighting in pleasures. So there will be suffering too, in the non-pleasurable parts. So it's a matter of balance - "leaning back" as Sharon says. Anyway, rarely does our intense desire really help clear seeing and enjoyment. Sometimes, but usually life isn't all orgasm.
Just sticking with the basics brings me contentment.
That will do for now. Turn attention to Now, and if that's there, instead of in thoughts (which carry desire) or other desires, there won't be so much suffering.
Also, what's true? On one level, people, objects, etc. On another, emptiness and energy. Suggestion: hang out more with the "deeper" truth - less suffering there. And more realization.
Here's a good one: I think I am actually a considerate person, but I dislike the energy of restriction so much that I think I'm not "really" considerate - I'm just being or acting considerate. But, if I learned to like the energy -- "Oh, considerate - that's nice..."
Sunset in the hall tonight - raven/dove. Did I know all this already?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home