fireworks
Reasons that went through my head for why there were fireworks tonight over the East River:
- Osama Bin Laden had been captured
- The summer solstice
- Some really rich kid celebrating her bat mitzvah at South Street Seaport
- The beginning of Pride Week
- "Celebrate Brooklyn"
- No particular reason
- Some sports team won something I didn't know about
I really enjoyed not knowing why there were fireworks. I still don't know - I'll check when I'm done with this blog entry. It made them a pure celebration of happiness itself. We like fireworks, that's what fireworks are really celebrating. The fire-flowers and fire-warps and fire-hoops -- it's just a joyous celebration of celebration itself.
Hmm, still haven't found out why there were fireworks. But I did learn that the Olympic torch traveled through all 5 boroughs today. Paul Winter is doing a Solstice concert tomorrow. Ah, here's the unlikely answer: today was Children's Day, "hosted by Gordon from "Sesame Street." Fireworks follow.".
Who knew?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home